You see, every business has different characteristics including in how they operated. There are many factors contributing to a business’s success and one of them is teamwork. However, it is true that building solid and successful team is also challenging because every individual may come from different background and discipline, besides, every individual has different approach in problem-solving.
However, it is also not something impossible to achieve. You can build successful team to help you reach the objectives. It may take time but you will reach there if you do it right.
Types of team in business
The point of having team is to focus on collective performance so members have both individual and mutual accountability.
By creating team, you gather people with complimentary skills as well as interests to work toward the same objectives.
In team, communication is the most important element because it influence mutual respect, trust, and understanding which impact to efficiency in product development. Here are several types of team in business you need to know:
- First, there is project team where teammates work collectively to achieve the same goal using the right strategies. This type of team relies hard on system with specific measure and time. Every member is assigned with responsibility and deadlines. This plays important role to the performance of the business because it is functional.
- There is also self-managed team where teammates work with a wide set of objectives and their key goal is to reach a common result. In this type of team, manager is not usually needed and that’s why it is called self-managed team. The members decide themselves the rules as well as expectation. They also solve the problems. However, creating this kind of team is quite challenging because you need to give the right autonomy and responsibility.
- There is problem-solving team where teammates focus on solving particular problems or issues. However, this team is usually temporary unlike project team. For example, you can create this type of team when you experience financial crisis when running your business. Thus, the team will work on finding the right solution and help your business to get back up from the struggle.
- There is also operational team where teammates work to support the other teams. They can also have their own projects as well as function as what the role require them. However, their aim is to make sure that all the process in business operation runs smoothly. If there is particular team lagged behind, operational team can step in to give a hand so that the performance of your business won’t get affected negatively.
- Then there is also virtual team where teammates work in different locations and rely more on effective communication and collaboration tools. This is one of the most modern types of team you can create. The benefit of this team is that you don’t have to provide particular place so every member can work from anywhere. Time, space, and culture are important elements characterizing this type of team.